Premier Physical Therapy and Sports Performance, LLC
Orthopaedic Residency Program
What’s involved in the Orthopaedic residency program?
Premier Physical Therapy’s Orthopaedic Residency Program has been elevated to “Candidate Status” by the ABPTRFE. We are on course to become a fully accredited program.
The curriculum for the Premier Physical Therapy Orthopaedic Residency Program will be based upon the competencies defined in APTA’s Orthopaedic Description of Specialty Practice. Mentorship will be provided by physical therapists, surgeons and physicians who are all active providers in the local medical community. The program will run for 12 months in duration. Residents will have the opportunity to participate in many community based outreach events.
Breakdown of Hours:
- A minimum of 1500 hours of clinical practice.
- A minimum of 150 mentored hours, one-on-one with specialists (OCS, SCS, MD) with patients/clients that meet the orthopaedic requirement.
- A minimum of 75 hours of clinical instructor interaction in non-patient care planned educational experiences.
Other things to include:
- Preparation for Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist Exam
- Mentorship for Case Study submission for publication/presentation
- Journal Clubs
- Rounds with Board Certified Physicians in the following areas: Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Spine, Podiatry and Non-operative management
- Didactic work to include- APTA OCS Preparatory Course; Musculoskeletal Imaging course work
Applications are now being accepted for a February 2018 start date. Application deadline is August 1st, 2017. All applications must be submitted through PTCAS system.
Katie Fulton, PT, DPT, OCS
Orthopaedic Residency Program Director
Smyrna Wellness Building
100 South Main Street, Suite 300
Smyrna, DE 19977